Finished Chalk Board!

Finished Chalk Board!
Came out pretty well

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Finished the chalk board at Inman Perk Gainesville today

Today I finished working on a new image for the chalk board at Inman Perk Coffee in Gainesville, GA.....and I have to say...I am impressed with myself, and my ability.

I have gotten lots of positive feedback today from many people and that always makes an artist feel great.

Thus far, I have only used chalk, but I have started to lean towards using soft pastels more because of the solidity of the finished product and because paired with the chalk, I can blend so much easier without most of the color falling onto the floor in piles of dust. Also, I may start to use chalk pastels as well for the exact same reason  but unlike the softer pastels they may hold up a little better to harsh surface of a chalk board and may pair a little better with the chalks giving the design a more seamless, smooth look.

If anyone is reading this....(I am highly doubtful) then if you are around the historic square of Gainesville, then stop in, have a cup of coffee or whatever you prefer, and look at the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment