Finished Chalk Board!

Finished Chalk Board!
Came out pretty well

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Free Art Books!!!!

I have had the opportunity recently to take some art materials off of someone's hands and let me just say I have had a blast reading a few pages here and there about the history of art from around the globe, and about seventeenth century art and their life history.

I have more books to read and as I read I become more aware of the people of that era or from that point on the map just how broad art itself, whether spiritual, ritualistic, visual, or otherwise plays such a pivotal part in everyday life of societies all over the world and throughout the ages, but I also have learned that in some small way art has brought us all together as a whole...like a sort of cosmic glue that binds us to one another through the visual manifestation of our gods, our dreams and hopes, and our need to speak our minds no matter who tries to keep it shut...

I love art....I love it solely because it is the one thing that no one can take from you.....and it is the only thing that can be used to heal, and destroy...there is no more a perfect personification of people than their art..whether living or long dead, their art keeps them immortal...I guess thats about it

No comments:

Post a Comment